Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Presidency, yesterday, said President Muhammadu Buhari did not promise Nigerians to make one naira equivalent to one dollar. Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shahu stated this on Sunday when he featured on Channels TV programme, ‘Politics Today’.
2. The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate for the Aba North/South Federal Constituency bye-election, Chimobi Iheanyichukwu Ebisike, was yesterday, declared winner of the Saturday polls.
3. Former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, on Sunday, blamed the high rate of unemployment in the country on the abandonment of people-centred leadership, free trade and deregulatory policies of Obasanjo years. Atiku made the blame in a statement yesterday.
4. The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to act fast to stem rising cases of insecurity from degenerating to a level where citizens would be forced to resort to self-help. National Chairman, Youth Wing, Christian Association of Nigeria (YOWICAN), Belusochukwu Enwere, made the call via a statement in Abuja, yesterday.
5. Members of the Petroleum Tanker Drivers (PTD) branch of NUPENG yesterday threatened to withdraw their services in the next 14 days. The Tanker drivers announced at the end of their Branch executive council meeting held in Ibadan.
6. Apex Igbo socio-cultural cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo and the South-East governors have concluded plans to launch a regional security outfit. This was contained in a communiqué of a meeting convened by the Igbo organisation in Owerri, at the weekend.
7. Yoruba ethnic community in the 19 northern states, yesterday, said it has nothing to do with the call for the creation of Oduduwa Republic out of the present Federal Republic of Nigeria. President of the Yoruba Welfare Group Worldwide, Abdul Hakeem Adegoke, made this known to newsmen in Kaduna on Sunday.
8. Former Lagos governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Sunday, confessed that Nigeria was going through a serious storm, warning that economic development would be impossible under a hostile environment. The National Leader of APC stated this at the palace of the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, yesterday.
9. There was drama at the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport, Owerri, on Sunday when a former governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, and a former chairman of South-East Council of Traditional Rulers, Eze Cletus Ilomuanya, engaged each other in a serious altercation to the surprise of other passengers on board. Okorocha and Ilomuanya were aboard an Air Peace aeroplane on route Abuja.
10. The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, has reported 104 fresh cases of coronavirus in the country. The total number of confirmed cases since the outbreak of the virus in Nigeria now stands at 162,593 with 150,308 recoveries while no fewer than 2,048 have died due to complications from the virus.
Thank You For Visiting Our Site!!!
Do you like this post? Tell us your opinion of this post in the comment section below. What’s more, don’t forget to use the share buttons below also to share this post with your friends on social media. Get More Updates from Jesnaija via Twitter and Facebook For Music/Video/Mixtape promotion on jesnaija.com, Call or WhatsApp 08134609852