Jollof rice is one of the most enjoyed meals in Nigeria. Jollof rice is also the most served in occasions. It is easy to prepare, delicious, and nutritious. Before we point out the steps to make a delicious meal of the Nigeria jollof rice, let us see the ingredients used to prepare it.
- Vegetable oil.
- Your preferred protein (egg, fish, meat).
- Water (Of course).
You can choose to add green vegetables too.
Now to prepare, follow these steps below:
1) Set all ingredients and utensils needed to prepare the meal.
2) Measure raw rice based on the quantity you want, and add to boiling water to parboil.
3) Once it is parboiled, sieve out the water from the rice. Repeat the process twice or three times, to get rid of as much starch as you can.
4) Get an empty pot, add vegetable oil based on the quantity of the rice you have parboiled.
5) Once the oil gets hot, put in your sliced onions, blended tomatoes and peppers, and keep stirring till it is done.
– If you choose to boil your meat or fish, this is the best time to add the stock.
6) After that, you add water into the pot. Water enough to boil the rice.
7) Add in your ingredients at this point. Your maggi, salt, crayfish, curry, and any other seasoning available. Then let the water boil.
8) When the water is boiled, pour in your parboiled rice, then cover pot, and let it done.
9) If you choose to fry your meat or fish, you can do it as you wait for your jollof rice to get ready.
10) Check to see if your rice is soft enough to consume, and the water is dried up. If so, take it off the fire, dish your meal, and enjoy your delicious jollof rice.
– If you decide to add green vegetables, add it just when you are about to take it off the fire. Stir, and cover your pot.
[Mixtape] DJ Starboi Birthday Mixtape vol.3 ft Hypeman Deejay Samklef
Download Bishop Tee Joseph -Komai Da Komai
DJ STARBOI AFRO AMAPIANO MIXTAPE
[MIXTAPE] DJ STARBOY BIRTHDAY MIX VOL 4
[MP3] KIZZ DANIEL ‘SHU-PERU
I’LL PRAISE YOU – NATHAN WAZIRI
BYE UKA by A.N Anthony Ft Mathias Luka Agbu
[MP3] RELATIONSHIP BY ‘BOY SPYCE’